This workshop explores each part of the framework, best practices, and real-world development techniques. Plus, get hands-on experience by building a sample polling system with dynamic, database-driven content. Arshad teaches how to design an application; route browser requests to return dynamic page content; structure and interact with databases using object-oriented programming; create, update, and delete records; and implement user authentication.
This workshop is ideal for: anyone interested in creating web applications, and learning the MVC architecture and people who have learned Ruby on Rails and want to learn an alternative.
- Learn the MVC architecture in the Django framework
- Configure the Django “admin site”
- Understand how to extend the Django forms and generic controllers
- Introduction to testing in Django
- Explore how static files are served
Prereqs & Preparation
- Macbook with Python and Django 1.8 installed.
- Sublime Text 2.
- Solid understanding of HTML/CSS.
- Comfortable with using Terminal.
- Basic understanding of programming (variables, conditionals, functions).
- Preview MVC knowledge is a plus, but not required.