This workshop will be an overview at developing for Apple Watch using the new API, WatchKit. Arshad Wala covers the new user interface and controls, and the surprising differences between tables and rows, multi-screen layouts, and navigation in iOS and Apple Watch. The workshop wraps up with a look at the exciting new optional elements in Apple Watch: glances and notifications.
This workshop is ideal for anyone interested in learning how to develop for Apple Watch.
- Core concepts and architecture
- Creating a user interface for Apple Watch
- Handling scrollable content
- Creating menus, buttons, and groups
- Using control and lifecycle events
- Creating and populating Apple Watch tables
- Building glances and notifications
Prereqs & Preparation
- You should be comfortable with at least the basics of Swift and of iOS development
- Please bring your laptop